Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tip # 2!: Don't put a crease where there isn't a crease!

So monolids. The "asian" eye.If you try to put a crease on these, it ends up looking like a harsh/messy line just floating awkwardly above the eye.

So don't get me wrong. Not ALL asians lack a crease. I'll show a picture of one that works.


This works because her crease, though not obvious, does not conceal her entire lid. There's just a subtle dip where her eye socket is.

However when the fold of the eye droops over the lid, covering it completely, faking a crease above this can simply look like you have 2 creases. Just plain ridiculous!

My favourite actor in Grey's Anatomy, Sandra Oh, has a monolid. Here's a picture...


Can you see how a crease on her would look silly?

So what should be done with these eyes? Well, there are still a lot of options, so don't be discouraged. Smoky eyes look amazing on monolids, as well as thicker, elongated "cat" eyeliner. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but asian women can pull off the fake eyelash look for everyday wear. I can't, and really wish I could!

However, with prosthetics, anything is possible! :D Just for fun, my lovely friend, Jenna!


She was given a monolid on her left eye :) Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment